[We had a little delicious issue over Christmas. As a New Year present, here's a month of links. Enjoy!]
- Radiohead quit, Robbie Williams on strike – and now 1,000 jobs cut | Media | The Guardian – The problems facing EMI. As Thom Yorke explained … “What we wanted was some control over our work and how it was used in the future by them … Mr Hands was not interested. So neither were we.”
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents : Self-publishing is the new blogging – Apocalypse rewind from Zeldman
- Magnum Festival: Celebrating the Art of Documentary / 60 Years – What an image. Nice site too. Magnum.
- TED | TEDBlog: The mystery box: J.J. Abrams on TED.com – Great presentation about narrative from the guy behind Lost and Cloverfield
- russell davies: diaries – Russell nutshells how books (and particularly diaries) should be read in the age of RSS: serialisation in bite-sized chunks. All that remains is how to make money off em.
- G2 Guide to the Noughties so far (chez WeMadeThis) – It’s a great piece of print: the G2 on the noughties and the way we live. I’ve put my print copy in the archive. The books review sucks though – both Giles Foden and most of the authors are Faber stablemates….
- CommandShift3 – Worst ever – Gotta love this site. Am I Hot or Not – for web sites. These are the worst ever.
- Rise of cheemos and rudettes pushes networking sites to the cultural fore | Media | Guardian Unlimited
- Gallup.com – Lisa Strausfield at Pentagram designed this site. Mixed feelings about the colour coding and the navigation, but the hierarchy is impressive….
- Radiohead’s Scotch_Mist // Current TV UK – Good old radiohead. Happy New Year! Just a shame that this wasn’t performed and streamed live, when you think about it.
- Flash on the Beach 2007 « Pauls Bit – Overview (with some lovely sketches) of this summer’s FOTB conference
- Noisy Decent Graphics: A del.icio.us review of 2007 – If you’re ever short of some reading….
- From Where I Sit: Why Traditional Books Will Eventually Die -
- – tohellwithpublishing – – Nice startup with attitude
- Drop.io: Simple, Private Storage & Sharing -
- Supermarket – Great design, straight from designers. – Nice design in an etsy world
- Sequoia Capital -
- JPG Magazine: Brave New Photography -
- DesignNotes by Michael Surtees – How my iPhone evolved how I tell stories -
- Scribd To Work With Authors, Making Sure Its Free E-Books Are Legal -
- blog.rightreading.com – The plight of independent book publishing, part 1 – US-centric overview of the consolidation of independents into the corporates…
- anticorpi (on virb.com) – Lovely italian book jackets on virb
- Could small be publishing’s next big, too? – “When you buy books, how often do you feel a “buyer-seller” connection, let alone a connection to a book’s creator? And when was the last time buying a book made you feel like you were being creative?”
- Why I don’t like the Kindle – Charlie Stross – Charlie Stross on the kindle. [Via Alex - thanks]
No comments yet.