- magCulture.com » How a page gets created – Feel the pain of graphic design.
- The Shaping of Things to Come – “I?ve never liked the traditional direct marketing model, the idea of direct mail irks me. I cannot believe that people even consider operating models with such appallingly low hit rates.”
- BA to unveil three-way transatlantic alliance | Business | The Observer – “BA is poised to unveil a transatlantic alliance with American Airlines and Iberia of Spain, with an announcement expected at the airline’s annual meeting on 15 July.”
- The Long Tail: How long will the WSJ keep its pay model? – “I’ll admit it: it bugs me that Rupert Murdoch hasn’t yet followed through on his plan to make the Wall Street Journal’s website entirely free”
- Michael Grade attacks referral of BBC/ITV/Channel 4 on-demand service Kangaroo to Competition Commission | Media | guardian.co.uk – “non-UK companies like Google and Apple are free to build market dominating positions online in the UK without so much as a regulatory murmur,” Grade said.
- Charles Arthur: Screens, not the internet, make us stupid | Technology | guardian.co.uk – “The basic problem is that the book is too strong a metaphor: it tends to lead designers and writers astray. Electronic text should be based on interaction, hypertext linking, navigation, search, and connections to online services and continuous updates.”
No comments yet.